The battery in my G4 Powerbook won't charge, and I am a long way from any technical help!
I recently received a replacement battery PowerBook G4. However, it seems the battery is faulty. I charged it fully for 16 hours but after the first 5 minutes of use the computer shutdown without warning. It would not restart on battery power. I have reset the PRAM and System Management, rebooted several times and the problem persists. Apple recalled batteries behaving in the same way a while ago and I believe my battery has the same fault. So I search in google and found the Apple reply :
There are some ways to reset the PMU. Have you tried them all?
PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.67/1.5GHz), PowerBook G4 (17-inch 1.67GHz), PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD) and PowerBook G4 (17-inch Double-Layer SD)
1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
2. Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the computer's Apple a1175 battery.
3. Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
4. Reconnect the Apple a1185 battery and AC Adapter.
5. Press the Power button to restart the computer.
If a Apple laptop battery is completely drained, it may not charge properly the next time you connect the computer's power adapter.
* PowerBook G4 (12-inch)
* Mac OS X 10.2 through 10.2.3
Update the Mac OS X software:
1. Remove and reinsert the Apple Macbook Pro battery and try charging again.
2. Download and install Mac OS 10.2.4 or later. It is available from the Software Update preference pane, or from Apple Software Downloads (http://www.apple.com/swupdates/).
If the issue recurs after installing Mac OS X 10.2.4 or later, continue normal operation as the situation should resolve itself within a few minutes.