The Toshiba Satellite U500 and U505 series notebooks are built with 13 inch display screen, Intel Core 2 Duo Processors, it should leave deep impression to many folks. The U405 is an excellent product in 2008, and now, the new Toshiba pa3399u 1brs laptop Satellite U505 is perfect as well.
Below is the specification for Toshiba Satellite U505:
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 (2.0GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB cache)
- Memory: 4GB DDR2 SDRAM (800MHz)
- Operation System: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)
- Storage: 400GB HDD (5400rpm, SATA)
- Screen: 13.3-inch diagonal WXGA (glossy, 1280x800)
- Graphics: Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
- Optical drive: Slot-Loading DVD SuperMulti (+/- Double Layer) drive
- Wireless: Intel 5100AGN
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 12.5" x 9.08" x 1.16"/1.50"
- Weight: 4.75lb (not including weight of AC adapter).
- Battery: High Capacity Lithium-Ion Toshiba pa3634u 1brs Battery (12-cell, 92Wh, 8500mAh)
- Others: Texture Finish in Luxe Brown Premium
Toshiba pa3534u 1brs U505’s outline is featured with plastic material, Luxe Brown Premium finishing, there are textures around the palmrest and LCD, and it is formed by heavy pressure module. Many other cheap computers which made up of plastic material easy to generate squish sound, but U505 doesn’t.
The brand-new Toshiba pa3420u 1brs Satellite U500 and U505 series notebook feature a portable compact footprint similar to most laptops with a 13.3 inch screen, but we can’t say that this notebook is super protable, actually, it maybe one of the larger 13 inch laptops currently on the market. Toshiba U505 is not only thicker than the Apple's MacBook Air or Lenovo's ThinkPad X301, but also thicker and heavier than the DELL Studio XPS 13 or the 13-inch MacBook Pro.
The U505 screen is WXGA (1080 x 800), CCRL backlight are great. U505 did same with U405 on gloss and matte matching for the screen. So you won’t experience trouble the reflections except you sit under the direct sunlight and the Toshiba pa3450u 1brs screen brightness turns down.
As we know, there are many notebook factories already have begun to improve the display screen to 16:9 aspect ratio as LCD are also 16:9. But on U500 and U505 series, Toshiba still insist on the old 16:10 aspect ratio widescreen display. This character let U505 more seems like square-shaped.
U505 uses flat keys as Toshiba pa3421u 1brs decided to make them seems like an upside down "T" shape, this is not same as the former U405, so the new users have to take few times to familiar with the keys. The keyboard and touchpad backlighting are nice to help you see what you're typing in a dark environment.