The AC adapter, AC/DC adapter or AC/DC converter is a type of power supply - typically those that are embedded in an over-sized AC plug. Other names include plug pack, plug-in adapter, adapter block, domestic mains adapter, or power adapter. Informal terms include wall wart, wall cube and power brick. These are typically packaged with electrical devices that do not contain their own power supply. By separating the power supply from the main body of the electronic device, it can be made more compact and lighter. Any heat dissipated by the power supply is outside the device, so it can run cooler. Using standardized commodity external Sony laptop battery power supplies can simplify regulatory approval for sale in various countries; only the power supply itself needs to be tested for national standards compliance, instead of a whole device.
- Do not share the AC outlet with other power-consuming equipment, such as a photocopier or paper shredder.
- You can purchase a Sony vgp-bps2 power strip with a surge protector. This device prevents damage to your computer caused by sudden power surges, in an electrical storm, for example.
- Do not pull or place heavy objects on the power cord. Do not use power cords between the Sony vgp-bps5 product and desks or walls or bend or damage it at any time. Damage to the power cord could cause fire or electrical shock.
- To disconnect the power cord, pull it out by the plug. Never pull the cord itself.
- Unplug your computer from the AC outlet if you are not planning to use the computer for a long period of time.
- Make sure that the AC outlet is easily accessible to Sony vgp-bps8.
- When the AC adapter is not used, unplug it from the AC outlet.
- Use the AC adapter supplied with your computer or genuine Sony vgp-bps9 products. Do not use any other AC adapter as it may cause a fire or electrical shock.
See the online Specifications to check the power operation of your model.