Thursday, April 29, 2010

HP Pavilion DV9000 battery specs review

HP Pavilion DV9000 battery specs review



The 7.8-pound HP Pavilion dv9000 is a desktop replacement that's serious about multimedia. Its matte- or glossy-finished, 17-inch wide-screen display comes with a native resolution of either WXGA+ (1,440x900) or WSXGA+ (1,680x1,050), and the system features LED-backlit, also a 8cell HP Pavilion DV9000 battery ,touch-sensitive multimedia controls; two headphone jacks (one of which supports S/PDIF out); and HP's QuickPlay 2.1 software for accessing media without booting into Windows.





The Pavilion DV9000 battery specs :

Battery Type: Li-ion 8Cell

Volt: 14.4 Volt

Weight : 1.49 lbs

Dimensions : 11.26 x 8.90 x 1.85"

Maximum run time : MobileMark 2002 (wireless off): 2 hours, 25 minutes



HP Pavilion dv9000 battery overview :

Compatibility with HP Pavilion dv9000 series notebook PCs

Rely on HP; this battery has been specially designed and tested to meet your HP notebook's power needs

The HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop battery features: long battery life and maximum power, quick-charging!


Customer Review



"I bought a second laptop battery as I am often at client sites and need the time 2 batteries will give me. The original battery (18 mos old) is starting to show some signs of reduced life. The backup (1 year old) still gives me 2-3 hours. I make it a point to unplug my machine and cycle the batteries a couple of time a week. There is no faster way to kill a battery than to leave it plugged "for 99.5% of the time" as some of the reviewers admit doing. I learned that lesson on previous machines. There's nothing wrong with either of Pavilion DV2000 batteries pavilion DV6000 battery I have - I am very satisfied. I think the problem with the other reviews is user error. BTW - you should expect to replace the battery every 18 months - shorter if you abuse it by leaving it plugged in. I've been using laptops exclusively since 1995 and I have never had a battery that didn't completely die within 2 years. That's just how they work. Cycle the battery all the way to 0 at least once a week. That will give you the maximum life from it. These are no worse than any other battery."


"I have had my dv9000 laptop for 2 years, this past December. So that is roughly 26 months now and I leave my laptop battery in my computer ALL the time and it still runs. It all depends on what power setting I am using. On high performance, the battery will still last about 45 min to an hour and on power saver it will last roughly 2-2 1/2 hours. I try to take care of my computer, but it has over heated on numerous occasions (all my fault for not using a cooling pad) and the battery is still going. (Wish HP had better design to cool the laptops) To bad the replacement batteries are so expensive."


"My business partner bought the Pavillion DV9000 battery as more useful office computers for the company in 2004. The HP laptops have been wonderful. The first battery that came with the laptop lasted about two years. The second about 18 months. The third barely made it through a year. I have had to park the laptop because it is eating up our media budget. The other laptop does not use batteries as quickly, but it is not used as often. No, the laptop does not stay plugged in all the time. It stays in its case, battery in a separate compartment. I was told that is the best way to store the laptop. So today, I am finally ordering battery number 4. At these battery replacement prices, we may have to go back to another brand, which I liked much less. What a shame."


"Both the original battery and a replacement spare battery only lasted about 1 year before reduced run time made them only useful for moving from one AC outlet to another. I'm ordering another with hopes that the battery has been improved. I think my mistake has been to leave the battery in the computer and on AC most of the time. HP should have software on the computer to prevent destruction of the battery due to overcharging."


Hopes that help you. Via laptop battery blog

No comments:

Post a Comment