According to the U.S. well-known science writer Marshall Brain series of articles in the lithium batteries introduction, the vast majority of lithium battery explosion caused by a short circuit, and the specific reasons, including charging overvoltage / over-current use of aging.
Lithium laptop battery manufacturing process, because the manufacturing process itself flawed, it is easy to be insulated in this between the two poles, leaving metal dust, copper foil, aluminum foil pieces. The angle is expected in the battery than the fever (more common in long-term use or charging), the like boiling water in a grain of rice, as in the electrolyte to make random thermal motion. If you happen to have the battery positive and negative particles or debris near the middle of the diaphragm level, it could create a divide perforation, triggering micro-short circuit. As the batteries are flammable organic electrolytes, micro-short-circuit may cause an explosion, burning and other accidents, generally have the following three cases:
1. Sparks ignited the electrolyte, and thus bring disaster to come into contact with plastic body and flammable, resulting in fire;
2. Was experiencing an increase of temperature caused by the battery, the discount laptop battery inside the space is small, perhaps because of increased pressure to explode;
3. Batteries slower rise in temperature, the battery case to melt gradually, so that corrosive electrolyte leakage.
Lithium Dell Inspiron e1505 Battery safety problems can not stop now, because then the advanced manufacturing technology, will inevitably lead to planting the seeds in the electrolyte "missile." Should be noted that the formal sector of lithium battery production and sales have strict norms of acceptable quality lithium batteries, the number and size of debris have been controlled within a small, very low risk of perforation of diaphragm; batteries outside the Shell also used flame-retardant material, is not prone to fire.
The explosion-proof lithium battery of measures
Lithium Dell Inspiron 6000 Battery safety problems, the battery manufacturer, of course well aware, then what they used explosion-proof measures? Li-ion batteries for notebook computers, for example, its working principle is: Lithium batteries near full charge and discharge almost drained when the voltage drop, the control circuit detects this situation, notify the protection circuit cut off power supply to prevent overcharge or excessive discharge, so as not to shorten battery life.
The current notebook lithium batteries possess a more complete multi-level protection mechanism, even in the power charger, notebook computers unusual circumstances, the Dell Inspiron 1300 battery laptop can also be converted to automatic protection status, is generally not an explosion. But once the control circuit and protection circuit of the ability to work reduced hours, the battery on the verge of "dangerous" the. Mobile phones and other electronic products, lithium battery charge and discharge protection mechanisms, similar to this.
Do not need it "at arm's length"
In recent years, lithium-ion electronic products explosions often found newspapers, aroused a lot of consumer panic, some people for their own mobile phones, MP3 charging often "at arm's length"; also because of fear, simply a long-term will be cast aside Dell laptop battery, cause scrap. However, survey results, the majority of lithium battery explosions are the result of the user pay attention to safety tips, such as unauthorized modification, use of non-matching charger, the A1175 A1079 battery placed in extreme environments such as making.
Should be pointed out that the lithium technology as a kind of after 30 years of study, has successfully commercialized the mature technology, its safety is guaranteed. Regular brands of lithium batteries at the factory will have been numerous Road test procedure after they are sold as well as information feedback mechanism in order to recall the product in question in time.
United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is given following the recommendations of the safe use of lithium batteries:
1. Using the original charger: Li-ion battery charging time is the high period of bombing. Than the original VGP-BPS5 VGP-BPS2C battery charger is compatible with the battery charger to ensure better security.
2. Use of a reliable battery: try to buy original Sony laptop battery, not to save money to buy "second-hand goods", such batteries may be through maintenance, and reliable than original batteries.
3. Do not place the Latitude D620 battery extreme environments: high temperature, collisions, etc. are all important causes of battery explosion, as far as possible so that the battery is in a stable environment, away from the high-temperature areas.
4. Do not attempt to modify: the phone is a sophisticated communications equipment, in the design, manufacturers will have on its security, strictly textual research. After modification, the battery may be at not taking into account the environment before, an increase of security risks.