Monday, March 22, 2010

How to replace the laptop Keyboard

How to replace the laptop Keyboard



The article Via laptop battery blog Journalspace
Xanga.com
Buzznet
bloglines.com
Blogbus




Last Sunday I play a game with my daughter Ling Chan beside my desk. When I lift her body to flying I pour a cup of tea to my Dell Inspiron 6000. Unfortunately the laptop is running with the wireless. Immediately I shut down the laptop battery and found that the keyboard failed as some tea pull into it.



As we all know the dell Customer serive guaranty is two slow. If I send the machine to Dell, I must pay 50 Dollar to replace the keyboard and wait for at least 3 weeks to get the repaired laptop. So I decided to repair it myself.



I buy a Dell inspiron 6000 battery replacement keyboard in battery4.us. Then I search some articles about how to replace the laptop keyboard with Google. Now the time for me DIY to replace the laptop keyboard. First I should remove the keyboar from laptop then I install the keyboard into it. Let me introduce the whole course to you step by step.



NOTE: To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself with a grounding strap or periodically an unpainted metal surface (eg a port touched on the back of the computer, discount-laptopbattery.com).

NOTE: To prevent damage to the system board, remove the battery from the Toshiba PA3356U-3BRS battery before starting work inside the computer.



Remove the laptop keyboard




  • Remove the control center of the cover beside IBM Thinkpad X200 Battery.

  • Remove the two screws on the top of the keyboard.

  • NOTE: The key caps on the keyboard are shifted fragile, easily, and replace the time. Be careful when removing and handling the Dell Latitude D830 Battery keyboard.

  • Lift the keyboard and hold and easy access to the keyboard port.

  • To disconnect the keyboard cable into the keyboard port on the system board, rotate the keyboard connector latch toward the front of the computer.

  • Slide the keyboard cable connector on the keyboard.

  • 1. Screws (2) 2. Keyboard 3. Keyboard tabs (5) 4. Keyboard cable 5. Keyboard connector closure. The picture from : www.laptops-battery.co.uk



Replace the laptop keyboard




  • Slide the keyboard into the socket on the Dell Inspiron 1525 Battery keyboard .

  • Rotate the keyboard connector latch to secure the cable.

  • Align the tabs on the bottom and slide the keyboard under the palm rest.

  • Click on the right side at the top of the keyboard available for the plug.

  • Replace the two screws on the top of the Dell inspiron 1545 battery keyboard.


In the end test the new keyboard is useful and sensitive. Another advise you'd better usa a external USB keyboard when not mobile using.

No comments:

Post a Comment