How to test HP Notebook battery status
With the smart battery technology in the latest HP products, you can automatically detect your battery status.
Equipped with micro-chip, smart battery to maintain and report on their status, thus providing accurate information of users, whether they use the same laptop or notebook computers in the same cell different from a different laptop battery.
Automatic test your battery status
Use the following steps to download, install and use the HP battery check. This utility supports all HP notebook PCs manufactured in 2006, 2005, most of the system.
- Download HP Pavilion DV1000 Battery Check (SP41862), and then select Run and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Into a notebook computer AC power adapter, put it into the wall outlet directly.
- Click Start, All Programs, and then click Hewlett-Packard, HP Battery Check.
The Pavilion dv6000 Battery test results will be submitted immediately. A detailed description of the results provided.
For more information about using the HP Pavilion dv2000 Battery test, including a list of notebook computers, support, see HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Check Frequently Asked Questions
Note: If you see a warning message stating "The system is not supported by the HP Battery Check tool during the installation of", your system may not be the battery status of testing technical support.
Manually test your battery status
To measure the battery discharge time of your cycle
- Connect your AC power adapter, notebook computer PB994A HP PB995A battery is fully charged
- Restart when you repeatedly press the F8 key, HP or Compaq logo appears in the Windows Safe Mode. Select Safe Mode from the Startup menu using the arrow keys
- When safe mode, disconnect the AC power adapter laptop
- With a timer to measure the total length of time a notebook computer is running, turn itself off until the Evo N610C Battery notebook PC
Note: The time of Evo N600C Battery discharge measurement should be close to your HP model specifications. If the time between measurement and specification of significant differences, using the steps to maximize battery life pages, to calibrate the battery.
The article Via battery blog